Oncoplastic Breast and General Surgeon
North Shore & West Auckland
A General Surgeon is extensively trained in the assessment and management of common general surgical conditions.
In addition to being a General Surgeon, a Breast Surgeon has received additional super specialist training and is experienced in the assessment, management and treatment of benign breast conditions and breast cancer.
An oncoplastic breast surgeon is further trained to integrate plastic surgical techniques with breast conservation surgery to improve cosmetic outcomes. Oncoplastic surgery allows for the removal of the breast cancer whilst reconstructing the breast simultaneously. This involves reshaping the remaining breast or reconstructing the breast after appropriate excision of the breast cancer.
My services include:
- Assessment and treatment of common breast symptoms: pain, lumps, nipple discharge
- Breast cancer surgery – partial mastectomy, mastectomy, and lymph node surgery
- Family history risk assessment
Oncoplastic Breast Surgery
- Implant reconstruction
- Own tissue flap reconstruction – multidisciplinary team working together with plastic surgeons
- Assessment and treatment of common general surgical conditions including laparoscopic surgery
- Abdominal pain
- Skin lesions
- Pilonidal disease
- Ingrown toenails
- Gallbladder surgery